Devour the Book, Drink in the Movie

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

#5 Flickr


My new fetish is revealed in this picture! It has taken me all this time to become shoe-crazy like so many other people I know. It happened overnight and I blame Younkers and their annual 85% shoe sales this time of year. I sit here at my desk with red, sore marks on the top of my feet due to the black pair in the photo. The pair responsible for my pain is lying on its side on the right in the photo, but is now sitting under my work desk now, empty, fancy and footless..... But I think I read a quote somewhere, probably by Imelda, that part of the pleasure of buying shoes is the pain?
Flickr astounds me. There is so much talent out there and so many undeniably beautiful and creative pictures. It is very easy to stay on this site forever. What I like best about it is that under the Advanced Search feature, you can limit your search of photos to ones under the Creative Commons license. This means that you may be able to use it on websites and printed materials because people like us DO want to share their work. I have found some of the website pictures on here. The Large print webpage on OPL's website was found on here and although I didn't have to, I emailed the owner asking permission to use it and he was thrilled! More info about Creative Commons can be found here too. The Smithsonian is just one of the participating institutions!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do not feel bad about being shoe crazy. You could be like me, just plain crazy. Seriously, if I had to get lost anywhere I would want it to be in a library. A library can be described as heaven on earth. Enjoy your writings.
DAM(blog name)